The Guanghua MBA strikes a balance between providing the highest quality management education and introducing the cultural sensibilities and related approaches necessary for career development in the Asia-Pacific business landscape.
Guanghua is more than a business school, and our MBA program cultivates leaders beyond management skills. That is why we have created MBA+, a new strategic concept for interdisciplinary research and teaching in order to provide our students with a comprehensive skill set to challenge conventional thinking and tackle complex problems in today's rapidly changing economy.
We believe that academia has an important role to play in practical business decision making. Our MBA stresses the importance of understanding why the Chinese business landscape is the way it is, and efforts are consistently made – by both students and staff – to remain current with contemporary business thinking.
Practical Course--Integrated Practicum Project:
- Engage in a real-life consulting project for an external client (either local or international business)
- Gain practical insights into China business and dealing with Chinese professionals
- Opportunity to expand your China network
Both Peking University and the Guanghua School of Management have impeccable reputations in the Asia-Pacific region. As such, our students are presented with many exciting opportunities to connect with business executives and entrepreneurs. There are several experiential learning opportunities for our MBA students to undertake real-life consulting projects for external clients.
- Social Enterprise Management
Our suite of China-focused courses introduce the challenges, pitfalls, and opportunities found in China, and provide our students with a profound understanding of China’s complex and effervescent business environment. Courses cover topics including China’s unique economy, corporate behavior, consumers, government regulation, negotiation, and leadership styles, amongst others.
- China's Financial System (joint-course with Stanford Graduate School of Business)
- Marketing in Emerging Economies: Understanding and Marketing to Chinese Consumers (joint-course with the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania)
- Tax Planning and Tax Accounting (with Ernst & Young)
- Emerging Topics in Chinese Strategy (with McKinsey & Company)
- China in the World Economy (Peking University Stanford Centre)
- Foreign Entrepreneurship in China
- Managing the MNC's in China
- Doing Business in China
- Luxury Brand Management
- Legends in Investing (with Professor Jeffrey Towson)
- Leadership Behaviors in Chinese Organizations
- Real Estate Investment and Development
An important part of living and working in China is to know the language. Our international students are all provided with intensive high-quality Mandarin training throughout the duration of their MBA.
Peking University is ranked No. 1 among Chinese universities in arts and humanities subjects as of 2017 by QS World University Rankings by Subject. As the official business school of Peking University, Guanghua has access to some of the best resources in China for students interested in taking elective courses in arts and humanities subjects ranging from modern languages, linguistics to geography and performing arts.
Guanghua Branch Campuses
Guanghua's influence span across key geographical regions in China, with five core campuses located in Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Xi'an, and Chengdu. Each campus offers a distinctive focus on the changing business landscape in China in order to provide a comprehensive insight into understanding the China market. Students from each campus have the opportunity to visit other branch campuses via organized study trips to visit local companies as well as to network with fellow business students and top industry professionals.
© 2019 Guanghua School of Management Peking University