First World Congress
and 2016 Asia Pacific DSI Conference
July 24 –July 27, 2016
Guanghua School of Management, Peking University
Theme:Managing Big Data and Decision Making in a New Global Economy
About the Conference
With the advent of the era of big data, how to manage the data becomes a serious problem in the business world.Many companies have large amountsof data but struggle to analyze them to get the most benefit. A recent study by Gartner Research indicates that less than five percent of e-commerce companies use big dataor predictive analytic software. Typically, only the biggest companies such asAmazon.com, China's Alibaba and Japan's Rakuten are serious about putting in the money to make this happen.Currently, most of the data is only used to identify trends and increase sales by driving morecustomers to their online stores. As such there are great opportunities for academics to analyze the data in different ways to extract information useful to companies to improve their competitive position.
With the rapid development of the Chinese economy in recent years, a large number of enterprises with extraordinary vitality have emerged such as Huawei, Alibaba, and Baidu. These enterprises have grown because they draw on the outstanding experience of foreign enterprises but at the same time they engrave deeply the characteristics of Chinese culture into the business model. To understand the success of these emerging Chinese enterprises better, we need to develop a new research perspective.
The objective of the conference is not only to promote the development of theory and technology in the field of decision sciences but also create an excellent academic platform for international scholars to exchange research ideas.
Guanghua School of Management, Peking University
Haidian District, Beijing
Vibrant City of Beijing
Beijing is the capital of China and is the third largest city in the world with 21 million people. The city is the political, cultural, and education center of China. Beijing has the second busiest airport in the world by passenger traffic. The city has seven UNESCO World Heritage sites – Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven, Summer Palace, Ming Tombs, Zhoukoudian, Great Wall, and Grand Canals.
Competitive papers or detailed abstracts and proposals for symposia, tutorials, workshops and panels are invited for submission. The submission deadline for full papers is May 1, 2016 and for abstracts is May 15, 2016.
Sessions involving practitioners will be given special consideration. Submissions will be blind refereed and accepted papers will be published in the Conference Proceedings. By submitting the manuscript, the author certifies that it has not been previously published in a journal or conference proceeding. The author retains copyright ownership but grants to DSI World Congress a license to circulate and display the manuscript to conference attendees. In addition, at least one of the authors certifies that he/she intends to register for and attend the conference to present the paper if it is accepted.
· Asian Studies
· Business Analytics & Big Data
· Business Policy & Strategy
· Cases, Workshops & Special Sessions
· Entertainment & Sports Management
· ERP & Manufacturing Management
· Health Care Management
· Hospitality Management
· Human Resource Management
· International Business
· Innovative Education
· Knowledge Management
· Law & Ethics
· Manufacturing Management
· MS/OR Techniques, Models & Applications
· New Product Development & Product Mgt
· Organization Behavior & Organization Theory
· Quality & Productivity/Risk Management
· Security & IT
· Service Operations
· Social Media
· Statistics & Decision Analysis
· Supply Chain Design, Integration, & Network
· Technology & Innovation Management
Outstanding Paper Awards
· Best Application Paper
· Best Case Studies Paper
· Best Environmental Issues Paper
· Best Interdisciplinary Paper
· Best Theoretical/Empirical Research Paper
· Russell Ching Best Paper Award on Innovative Education
Paper:April 1, 2016Extended toMay1, 2016
Abstract:April 15, 2016Extended toMay15, 2016
July 24, 2016
Registration & Welcome Reception
July 25, 2016
Keynote Presentation & Sessions
July 26, 2016
Keynote Presentation & Sessions,Banquet
July 27, 2016
· Lihua Chen, Peking University, China
· Honghui Deng, University of Nevada Las Vegas, USA
· G. Keong Leong, California State University Dominguez Hills, USA
· Ming Lei, Peking University, China
· Guanting Chen, Tsinghua University, China
· Ke Liu, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
· Shuning Wang, Tsinghua University, China
· Xiande Zhao, CEIBS, China
· Huihui Liu, China University of Petroleum (Beijing), China (Chair)
· Eldon Li, Taiwan Chengchi University
· Xiaoyan Gong, Peking University
· Moyan Zhao, Peking University
· Xuan Wang, Peking University
· Qing Guo, Peking University
· Shalang Li, Peking University
· Zihan Yin, Peking University
· Jiang Wang, Peking University
· Yining Li, Prominent Chinese economist, Honorary Dean of Guanghua School of Management, Peking University, China.
· Finn Kydland, Nobel Laureate in Economics, University of California, Santa Barbara, USA
· Robert Peterson, John T. Stuart III Centennial Chair in Business Administration, VP of University of Texas at Austin, USA
· Martha Russell, Director of Media X, Stanford University, USA
· Fangruo Chen, Ira Rennert Professor of Graduate School of Business, Columbia University
· Kaoru Tone, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies, Tokyo, Advisory Board of Omega.
· Ming Fan, University of Washington, Seattle, Editor of DSS.
· Feng Zhu, Professor of School of Business, Harvard University.
· Kin Keung Lai, Chair Professor of Management Science, City University of Hong Kong.
For any questions, please contact us email@example.com